Saturday, March 7, 2009

Picking up the pace

Progress is still a lot slower than I'd prefer, but quite manageable and (gasp) enjoyable. Seems as though I've found a sweet spot lately, simply going through a small handful of reviews several times a day (whenever I get a chance and feel like it, really) rather than in large, painful segments once or twice a day. Furthermore, I have a trickle of actual new material going, finally, which is sort of a surprise to my brain which has almost become used to seeing older material (which I may or may not remember). It's a good feeling.

I've decided that I will give iKnow smart.fm another shot once my expired cards are safely contained in a few days. Looking back, the pros far outweighed the irritating cons (ahem, school and office oriented coma-fodder) - cons that I can avoid by means of deletion or suspention. I feel that vocabulary is still one of my weaker areas, so I'm confident that my ol' chum will see me through once again.

I must confess that I haven't been keeping up on reading very much. I really have no excuse, either, as there's plenty I want to read, not the least of which being several of my favorite manga. I'm gonna see if I can work in one chapter of Yotsuba and Jojo daily, or at least something along those lines. I long for the day when Berserk is within my grasp, but I suppose that's a goal to work at!

No comments: