Friday, January 23, 2009

ファッキング日本語 weekly feature: 日本の音楽

Noticed something a little bizarre about my post titles? If you're curious enough to exercise your Googlefu, you'll quickly discover that they all share something in common.

Simply put, I'm a music freak. I enjoy music of almost all varieties, from all corners of the Earth. More often than not, I'm listening to something while I'm working, studying, reading or otherwise at my computer or able to go about my business with my MP3 player. As I've stated earlier, I'm not using a truly full immersion environment, so not all of my music is in Japanese... but a good chunk of it is, and those bands and musicians, my friends, are the ones I plan to tell you all about.

Every week - tentatively Friday, more likely to shift over to Saturday or Sunday - I'm going to blog about one of my favorite Japanese bands. Not only will this help many great bands gain a little bit of exposure, but it also sorta forces me to explore more Japanese bands, in the event that I ever run out of bands to blog about. We'll see how it goes.
I certainly don't expect my music tastes to be everyone's cup of tea, but if you have an appreciation for the unusual, the extreme, the melodic, the sentimental or the melancholic, you'll probably find at least a few enjoyable bands here in the coming months.

Without further ado, let's rock.

No comments: