Friday, February 27, 2009

Back in action - very, very slowly

After a few days away from Anki, RTK and all of that, I'm back into the habit of reviewing regularly. I needed the break badly, and it shouldn't take all that long to catch back up. Even so, I've not really added fresh material in weeks, and I feel like I'm mostly preserving and reinforcing what I already know rather than actually learning and acquiring new things. Can't say I'm particularly frustrated at this stagnation, as I'm quite pleased with how far I've come over the past several months and quite frankly, Japanese is having to take a back seat to more important priorities right now.

With that having been said, I'd really like to return to a 30~ new sentence a day pace as soon as I can. I'm actually strongly considering giving iKnow another chance, despite my criticism at its boring sentences and key words - I can always filter out what bores me to tears, of course! The progress I made with iKnow previously was incredible, so that'll likely be my next course of action.

No comments: