Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Puppy Dog Mail

Don't slack on your SRS reps.

I ain't kiddin'.

I've managed to fail to take my own advice, and now I have quite the stack to work through this week. Humbug.
This has partially been a result of my spreading of focus as of late - some sentences here, some picking-through-Japanese-websites there, some studying of grammar and miscellaneous vocabulary here... which has, consequently, largely distracted me from what I really should be focusing on right now. The result is that, while I've picked up some valuable knowledge over the past week, I've also really diluted my focus to a dangerous point - this is something I've been guilty of in the past, as well. I want it all at once! Clearly not the best way to go about things.

Anyway, back to kanji reps as my top priority, even if it's borderline mechanical and brain numbing. It's not so bad, though; I could certainly think of more boring things to do, at least! Like etching each kanji into paper 100 times. [On a related note, I've concluded that KeyHole TV seriously distracts me from my reps... which is a shame, but considering that reps only take an hour or two of dedicated time, that still leaves plenty of listening time afterward]

No comments: